State aid to those affected by the new measures
On November 26, 2020, the Minister of Labor and Social Policy Denitsa Sacheva announced how parents, those working on a civil or employment contract, as well as the unemployed will be supported.
Families with children up to 14 years of age who study at a distance will be entitled to targeted assistance from the state, as its maximum amount for a whole month for a family with one child is BGN 610 (with a monthly income below BGN 2745), and for families with two or more children – BGN 915 (with a monthly income below BGN 3660). In this way, targeted assistance will be given in proportion to the days when parents are not at work due to caring for their child.
You will be able to benefit from this assistance in the following cases:
- If you are the parent of a child who is studying remotely because of the pandemic and you have to go on unpaid leave to watch it;
- If you are unemployed but not entitled to unemployment benefits or the amount is lower than the minimum wage;
- If you are self-employed, but due to the introduced measures you cannot get a job.
Conditions for receiving targeted assistance from the state:
- Your child must be up to 14 years old;
- The monthly income of a family with 1 child should not exceed BGN 2,745, and of a family with two children – BGN 3,660;
- If you are self-employed, you must submit an application to the NRA and receive a registered termination of your activity. This can also happen electronically at: https://inetdec.nra.bg/pikservices.html
- You must have a notification from the kindergarten or school (by e-mail or in an electronic diary), the municipality or the RHI that your child is undergoing distance learning by decision of the principal, district or municipal headquarters or is under quarantine;
- You must also provide an official note that you are on unpaid leave
Applications for assistance and official notes can be submitted to the Social Assistance Directorates at the current address, scanned or photographed by e-mail: email@example.com, by mail or through the secure electronic delivery system at: https: // rb .gy / ymlvr0
If you are approved, you will receive the aid next month to compensate for the days of unpaid leave for which you do not receive remuneration.
For employees on an employment contract:
The insured on an eight-hour working day, who go on unpaid leave for the period of the introduced new measures, can benefit from assistance in the amount of BGN 24 per day. This will be possible by submitting an application to the employer. The aid will be paid directly to the employees, for which it is necessary to provide a bank account by each person. Employers will provide the lists of workers who have expressed a desire to benefit from this type of assistance to the labor offices. On Friday (27.11.2020) all conditions and documents for applying for this assistance will be published on the website of the Employment Agency from Monday (30.11.2020).