Duration: 2020 – 2023
RTransform is a project aimed at the active inclusion of Roma women and girls in social life and guaranteeing the respective rights. The project is being implemented
The project focuses on finding equal access to quality and inclusive education, training and lifelong learning for Roma women. The project contributes to empowering and supporting the Roma community by focusing on the education system, which is a key area for achieving their social inclusion and improving their access to rights.
The project envisages the use of a top-down approach or a change in policies and attitudes towards the community, through the impact within the community itself. The main idea is to create a bridge between Roma women and young girls, to build a Tuesday of trust and continuity that can allow dialogue and debate between different countries.
For 18 years, finding partners from Drom Kotar, organized the so-called “Gatherings of Roma Women students” (RWSG), an initiative organized with the active participation of Roma women to exchange experiences and ideas for successful educational integration and to show role models in the community to inspire other Roma women and girls. About 300 Roma women enter each meeting.
In the course of the project, each of the partner organizations will organize meetings at local and national level, of Roma women and girls of different generations, a study will be conducted, information gathered from which will be used to generate tools for possible inclusion of Roma women in the education system, multimedia products, with a focus on success and success for Roma women, policy recommendations and academic articles.
- LEAD-Romani Women’s Association Drom Kotar Mestipen (SP)
- Coventry University- Centre for Dance Research (UK)
- Alternative Innovative Development (GR)
- Amrita Pályaorientációs Baráti Kör Egyesület (HU)
- Amalipe Center for Interethnic Dialogue and Tolerance (BU)
- Care for young people’s future CIC (UK)
- Catalan Government-Roma and Social Innovation Programme – Directorate- General for Civic and Community Action (SP)
- Municipality of Ampelokipi – Menemeni (GR)
- Dr. Ámbédkar Gimnázium, Szakközépiskola, Szakiskola, Általános Iskola és Martin Luther King Középiskolai Kollégium